Circle Track Limited Late Model "GM 604" Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19434604 CT400 Tech Specs:
- Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8
- Displacement: 350ci
- Bore x Stroke: 4.000'' x 3.480''
- Block: Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft: Forged steel
- Connecting Rods: Powdered metal
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft Type: Steel hydraulic roller
- Camshaft Lift: .474'' intake / .510'' exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 208° intake / 221° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Fast Burn aluminum; 62cc chambers
- Valve Size: 2.000'' intake / 1.550'' exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 9.72:1 Nominal
- Rocker Arms: Aluminum roller rockers
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump (92-octane)
- Ignition Timing: 36° Total @ 4000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 5800
- Balanced: External
Chevrolet Performance 19434604 Installation Notes:
- Requires addition of carburetor, starter, ignition, plug wires, water pump, distributor, and exhaust system (not included)
- Requires an externally balanced flywheel (not included)
- The 8-quart Circle Track oil pan is 7-inches deep at the sump. It will clear most GM rear-steer chassis with stock engine location
- Must use distributor with melanized steel gear
Engine Break-In Procedure
Fill the engine with oil with 15w50 full synthetic motor oil and follow the proper engine priming procedure. Also check and fill as required any other necessary fluids such as coolant, power steering fluid, etc.
Run the engine between 2,000 and 2,500 rpm, with no load for the first 30 minutes. Adjust the valve lash using the proper procedure. Drive the vehicle at varying speeds and loads for the first 30 laps. Be sure not to use a lot of throttle or high rpm's. Run 5-6 medium-throttle accelerations to about 4500 rpm followed by letting off in gear and coasting back down to 2000 rpm. Run a couple of hard-throttle accelerations to about 5000 rpm followed by letting off in gear and coasting back down to 2000 rpm.
Change the oil and filter with 15w50 full synthetic motor oil and filter. Drive the next 25 laps without high rpm's (below 5000 rpm), hard use, or extended periods of high loading. Change the oil and filter again.
For running water lines from the back of the intake manifold to the front
- (2) JEGS Black 90-degree Flare Fittings - 555-110149
- (2) JEGS Black Straight 1/2 in. NPT to 8 AN Fittings - 555-110109
- (1) JEGS Black Pro-Flo 350 -8 AN Braided Hose, 3 ft. - 555-110920
- (1) JEGS Black Straight -8 AN Max Flow Hose End - 555-110002
- (1) JEGS Black 45-degree -8 AN Max Flow Swivel Hose End - 555-110012
- (2) JEGS Black 90-degree -8 AN Max Flow Swivel Hose Ends - 555-110022
19434904 supersedes 19433604, 19370604
High Revving Performance and Durability!
The Chevrolet Performance CT400 Circle Track Limited Late Model "GM 604" Engine's Fast Burn cylinder heads are the fast way to the winner's circle and they're standard on this brand-new, factory-sealed racing engine that is based on the popular Fast Burn 385-horsepower street crate engine! The foundation for the CT400 is the Fast Burn 385 crate engine, including a sturdy iron block with four-bolt mains, a forged crankshaft, and high-strength pistons.
Show MoreThe 23-degree, Fast Burn aluminum heads enable tremendous power through the 210cc intake runners and 2.00/1.55-inch valves, along with specially shaped combustion chambers that make quick, efficient work of the air/fuel mixture giving you maximum power all the time! Rounding out the package is a racing oil pan with a dual kick-out design, as well as a valve cover breather kit, special aluminum roller rocker arms, a single-plane aluminum high-rise intake manifold, and balancer. You add the water pump, carburetor, starter, distributor, spark plugs, and wires.
What would be this cam's lobe separation degree?
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.