- Supplied with small diameter cap with HEI style terminals and race rotor (will accept 8441 Cap-A-Dapt)
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Advance weight pins are staked and TIG welded to the plate
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Not legal for sale or use on pollution-controlled vehicles.
- Must be used with MSD 6, 7 or 8-Series Ignition
MSD has the Best Distributor for Your Vehicle
MSD Billet and Pro-Billet Distributors share the same features except for the base.
- Billet models have Dupont Rynite glass-reinforced bases
- Pro-Billet models have aluminum bases
With CNC-machined billet aluminum housings, these distributors have maintenance-free magnetic pickups guided by a sealed ball bearing located at the top of the housing. At the bottom, an extra-long sintered bushing controls the shaft. This combination spins smoothly and delivers consistent sparks even in a 10,000 RPM racing environment. Pro-Billet Ready-to-Run Distributors are ideal upgrades for outdated or bulky systems, and they couldn't be simpler: drop one in, connect three wires, and fire up the engine!
- Note: Except for Ready-to-Run and OE models, MSD distributors require an MSD ignition control.
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.