28 in. Steering Columns
Note: Steering wheel adapter is not included in the column length dimensions. Column is measured from the top of the bell to end of the output shaft.
JEGS 70471 universal non-keyed steering column with tilt and column shift is designed to work with GM, Ford and Chrysler 3 & 4-speed automatic transmissions. This column can be easily installed into hot rods, classic cars, street rods off-road vehicles and many any other applications with the correct mounting brackets and wiring connections. This steering column does not include an ignition switch or lock cylinder and key. A dash mounted ignition switch is available separately. We recommend 555-11100 universal ignition switch.
- Automatic transmission column shift without ignition switch/lock cylinder and key
- GM style column, will accept 1969-1994 GM steering wheels (without adapter installed)
- 9-hole steering wheel adapter with a height of 2.25 inches.
- 3 & 4-speed shift indicators included to mount on column
- 5-position tilt settings lets you adjust the column for the best driving comfort
- 28 in. column length from the top of the bell to end of the output shaft
- 1 in. DD lower shaft connection
- Billet Aluminum levers for shifter, turn signal, 4-way flasher & tilt
- Self cancelling turn signals
- 4-way flasher switch
- 4.250 in. Long GM style harness plug. (Recommended late style GM adapter 555-10415 to complete wiring connections if creating your own harness
- 12-position removable and adjustable lower shifter shaft arm allows for easy shift linkage indexing
- Black Powder Coated Finish adds great style while adding a layer of protection against rust and corrosion
Will this fit a 1959 Cadillac Series 62?
Will it fit in a 1977 el camino
Does this fit a 1986 caprice
Where’s the ignition switch
How does this work if i dont have an overdrive? Only 3 gears, N, and R.
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.