Race-Rite RR BB-O Series Cylinder Heads
Cylinder Head Specifications
- Intake Port Volume: 270cc - Oval Port
- Combustion Chamber Volume: 119cc
- Valves: 2.250'' dia. x 5.218'' o.a.l. Intake / 1.880'' dia. x 5.394'' o.a.l. Exhaust ( 11/32'' Stem Diameter )
- Valve Springs: 1.550'' Diameter - Open Pressure: 365 lbs.; Closed Pressure: 150 lbs.; Installed Height: 1.950''; Max Lift: .650''
- Spring Retainers: 1.550'' 10° Steel
- Rocker Studs: 7/16''
- Guide Plates: 3/8''
- Valve Seals: 11/32''
- Spark Plug Configuration: Angled
- Torque Heads: 70 ft-lb.
- Torque Rocker Studs: 40-45 ft-lb.
- Intake Gasket: Fel-Pro p/n 375-1210, Cometic p/n 245-C5430
- Head Gasket: 4.310'' Bore - Fel-Pro p/n 375-1027, Cometic p/n 245-C5432; 4.540'' Bore - Fel-Pro p/n 375-1017, Cometic p/n 245-C5433
- Exhaust Gasket: Fel-Pro p/n 375-1411 or Cometic p/n 245-C5429
- Head Bolts: ARP p/n 070-135-3601
- Head Studs: ARP p/n 070-135-4001 (6-point)
- Spark Plug Specs: 14mm Thread, .750'' (3/4'') Reach, Gasket Seat
- Valve Angle: 26° and 4° Intake, 17° and 4° Exhaust
- Angle Milling: .0066'' per cc
- Flat Milling: .0050'' per cc
- Pushrod Slots: Standard
- Pushrods: Check pushrod clearance with head installed on the engine block before final assembly
- Stud Girdle: Standard
- Rocker Arms: Standard
- Lifters: Standard
- Pistons: Standard
- Exhaust Pattern: Standard
- Valve Centerline: Standard
- Spring Pockets: May be step cut to 1.625''
- Accessory Bolt Holes are Drilled
- Recommended Intake Manifold: Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap 2-O (p/n 350-7561) / Brodix HV 2007 (p/n 158-HV2007) / HV 2008 (p/n 158-HV2008) / HV 2017 (p/n 158-HV2017)
High Torque Intake Ports, Up to +90 HP!
26°/4° Intake & 17°/4° Exhaust Valve Angles
Finally, the most user-friendly big block head series on the market has been developed. The Brodix Big Block Chevy Race Rite 26-degree cylinder head bolts directly in place of stock cast iron heads without you having to shop for a new intake manifold and pistons. The most important improvement is that the exhaust ports are in the stock location eliminating header or manifold interference. The Race-Rite oval and rectangle port heads are filled with years of Brodix racing technology. They help build horsepower for the budget-minded racer looking to take a step up without a big hit to the wallet. Race Rite is the answer for more horsepower, a hassle-free installation, and a great-looking engine compartment! As always, these heads come standard with all the fine qualities that only Brodix has to offer. Every casting is poured from A-356 virgin aluminum and tested before Brodix utilizes their in-house processes such as finish machining and heat treating to assure that you receive the best products for your hard-earned money. The industry standard has been taken to the next level with modernized CNC porting. Other features include a thick deck surface that is compatible with nitrous, drilled, and tapped holes on the ends for standard drive accessories, phosphorous bronze valve guides, and hardened valve seats installed for unleaded fuel.
Made In The USA!
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.