Standard Shock Configuration
The JEGS 630676 rear disc brake conversion kit has everything you need to easily convert your 1955-1968 full-size GM. With this kit, you will drastically improve stopping distance and gain confidence when driving. This upgrade is intended for street-driven cars, maintaining the emergency brake, and reusing some of the stock components. Add modern safety to your classic car with this rear disc brake conversion kit.
- 11 in. GM Rotors Multi Pattern
- Fits 5x4.75" w/ 7/16 in. Studs & 5x4.5" w/1/2 in. Studs
- Large GM Calipers w/ Self Adjusting E-Brake (1979 Cadillac El Dorado)
- D54 Pads Included
- Caliper Brackets & Spacers
- Bracket Hardware
- Flex Hoses & Clips
- Emergency Brake Cables
- Designed for axles with a 3.375 in. (3 3/8 in.) flange [center-to-center spread of the flange's top two bolt holes]
- Does not fit axles with a 3 1/8 in. flange [center-to-center spread of the flange's top two bolt holes]
- Does not fit S-10 Chassis or truck frames
- Maximum diameter of 6.11" to fit rotor hat.
- Rotor Center = 2 3/4" - Rotor Hat Section Inside Diameter = 6 3/16"
- You will need to modify your axles if they will not fit inside the rotor hat and you will need to modify the rotor if the center hole is too small for your axles.
- 0.050 x 45 Degree Chamfer
- 2.786" max register axle
- Does Not Fit 14" Rims
- Must use 15" or larger
- When installing the rear disc brake kit a disc/disc proportioning valve with a 1-1/8" bore master cylinder will be needed.
- This kit will push your wheels out an additional 0.125” per side, longer wheel studs may be required after installation of this kit
Emergency Brake Note: The emergency brake cables provided in the kit will fit the 1955-1964 Full-Size Chevrolet. Any other application will require the customer to modify the included cables to work with their application. The intermediate cable, center-pull, and cable couplers may not be necessary on 1958-1964 cars.
Add Safety, Reliability, and Performance to Your Vehicle with Rear Disc Brakes
JEGS 10 & 12-Bolt GM Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kits combine some of the best features available to make your selection and installation easy. Our brake kits include brackets, flanges, and large GM calipers with pads for small GM (4-bolt) housing ends. GM Rear Disc Brake Kits are available for standard (coil springs with both shocks behind the rear axle) or staggered (leaf springs with one shock forward of and one shock behind the rear axle) set-ups.
Standard Kits Include Factory-style rotors, brake cables (as listed), rubber brake hoses, raw brake calipers, and mounting hardware.
Premium Kits Include Cross-drilled and slotted rotors, brake cables (as listed), braided stainless-steel brake hoses, and a choice of raw, red, or black powder-coated calipers and mounting hardware.
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.