Small Block Chevy Sportsman II Cast Iron Cylinder Heads - 64cc Combustion Chambers, Straight Plug
Typical Application Street: 274 Cam: 230/236° .487''/.490'', Dart II Sportsman #955-061010 dual plane intake; 750 cfm carb, 1-3/4'' header. 430HP on 9.8:1 355; 480HP on 383 10.5:1 (varies with displacement and compression ratio).
Typical Application Drag Race: Modified 750 cfm carb, 276/284° roller cam, single plane plenum intake, 1-3/4''-plus header. MUST Upgrade to 1.550'' roller valve springs and 10° hardware. Up to 650HP normally aspirated depending on displacement and CR and porting.
Material: High density cast iron
Valve Seats: Integral intake,hardened steel exhaust
Valve Guides: Integral cast iron
Valve Spring Seats: Machined for 1.250'' springs
Valve Size: 2.020'' x 1.600''
Rocker Arm Studs: 3/8'' shank, screw-in style with hex shoulder furnished with assembly
Exhaust Flange: Stock locations, 7-bolt universal pattern
Head Gaskets: Fel-Pro #1003 ( 265-350 ) or equivalent
Puhshrods: Requires heat-treated pushrods. Use of 1.6 ratio rocker arms require elongation of pushrod holes.
Spark Plugs: Accepts 14mm .460'' reach tapered seat 5/8'' hex or equivalent
Intake Gasket: Fel-Pro #1205 or equivalent
Exhaust Gasket: Fel-Pro #1404 or equivalent
Maximum Valve Diameter: 2.100'' x 1.600'' or 2.080'' x 1.625''
Maximum Spring Seat Depth (from inside step): .030''
Maximum Spring Diameter: 1.550''
Approximate Milling Guidelines(varies with depth): .0065'' per cc
Maximum Flat Mill Depth (up to intake seats): .040''
Maximum Angle Mill ( approx. 50-52cc volume): .175'' depth
NOTE:These specifications are for reference only. ALWAYS measure before machining.
The Easiest Way to Bolt On 30-70HP!
Continuously improved since it's 1987 introduction, the World Products Sportsman II is still the industry's most popular cast iron high performance head. Featuring RightCast 200cc intake runners, Fast-Burn chambers and your choice of angled or straight plugs, they're good for 30-70 HP increases right out of the box. They are the aftermarket's only 50-state emissions legal cast iron high performance cylinder head (EO #D-343-1). You should also know that all World Products heads are precision CNC-machined, and indexed off the chambers to assure perfect alignment with the cylinders. Only World offers complete assemblies with Erson stainless steel valves and other quality components including springs, retainers and keepers.
- Material: High density cast iron
- Valve Seats: Integral intake, hardened steel exhaust
- Valve Guides: Integral cast iron
- Valve Spring Seats: Machined for 1.250'' and 1.550'' springs
- Valve Sizes: 2.020'' x 1.600''
- Accessory Flange: Stock locations, 7-bolt universal pattern
- Included In Assembly: Erson stainless steel valves, ring and band-style seals, valve springs, Erson 7° chrome moly retainers, and keepers.
Recommended Installation Items
- Head Gaskets: Fel-Pro 375-1003 or equivalent
- Pushrods: Requires heat-treated pushrods. Use of 1.6 ratio rocker arms requires elongation of pushrod holes.
- Screw-in Studs: 3/8" or 7/16" with 7/16"-14 base thread
- Pushrod Guidplates: Flat 5/16" Erson 601 or equivalent
- Spark Plugs: Accepts 14mm .460'' reach tapered seat 5/8'' hex(Accel 276 or 276s, NGK BPMR6F) or equivalent
- Intake Gasket: Fel-Pro 375-1205 or equivalent
- Exhaust Gasket: Fel-Pro 375-1404 or equivalent
Machine Shop Specifications:
- Maximum Valve Diameter: 2.100'' x 1.600'' or 2.080'' x 1.625''
- Maximum Spring Seat Depth (from inside step): .030''
- Maximum Spring Diameter: 1.550''
- Approximate Milling Guideline (varies with depth): .0065'' per cc
- Maximum Flat Mill Depth (up to intake seats): .040''
- Maximum Angle Mill (approx. 50-52cc volume): .175'' depth
Note: Specs are for reference only. ALWAYS measure before machining.
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.