6-Series Digital Ignition Controls
Emissions Code 3: This part is legal for use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles or Racing Vehicles.
The following vehicles are considered Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles:
1965 and older U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
1967 and older U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
1967 and older Foreign manufactured vehicle
Racing Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for racing or other forms of competition that are not registered and that may never be used on the street.
- Contains MSD’s smoothest rev limiter
- Fully-potted design - reliable in high vibration and wet circumstances
- Large, easy-to-read LED display
- Simple features setup with (3) rotary dials on the face of the unit
- Built-in Adjustable Start Retard - (increments of 0, 10 or 20 degrees) for quick, easy starts and extend starter life
- LED displays rev limit, highest RMP turned, cylinder select, start retard, battery voltage and can be set to tach mode
- Full delivery of spark energy down to 6 volts battery supply
- Highly efficient, low current draw to extend battery life
- Durable housing withstands extreme offroad and racing conditions
- Single plug-in connector
- For use with 4, 6 and 8 cylinder engines
- Reverse polarity & overheat protection
- Spark Energy: 135mJ w/ Blaster Coil / 150mJ w/ HVC Coil 121-8250
- Primary Voltage: 535V w/ Blaster Coil / 550V w/ HVC Coil 121-8250
- Secondary Voltage: 45,000 volts
- Spark Series Duration: 20 Degrees Crankshaft Rotation
- RPM Range: 12,000 RPM
- Voltage Required: 6-8 volts
- Current Draw: 0.8 amp per 1,000 RPM
- Size: 7.89 in. L x 4.00 in. W x 1.87 in. H
- Weight: 2.5 lbs.
MSD 6-Series Ignitions set the standard for quick starts, increased power, smooth idle, crisp throttle response and reduced spark plug fouling. MSD ignitions are available in a several styles and install easily in a variety of applications.Digital 6A: Base model with multiple sparking, capacitive discharge (CD) ignition control.
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.